Have you been looking for volunteer opportunities to work with children? Madrona K8 is looking for volunteers to work weekly with their Kindergarten students for those interested in assisting small group math and reading classes. Volunteers are needed now through June, and this is a great opportunity if you are considering Madrona K8 for your children, or if you have free time to volunteer (parents, students, retirees, etc.). These classrooms are very well organized, and this will be a rewarding experience for those looking to get to know the teachers, students and school. Below you will find a letter from the school Principal debriefing the opportunities in detail.
“As our kindergarten students have settled in and are ready for small group instruction in reading and math, we are writing to ask for your help in making our group instruction meaningful and effective.
Student improvement for all is what we strive for so that our students continue to grow as academic learners and become independent workers and thinkers. Small group instruction is a practice at Madrona so when kindergarten students move to 1st grade, they understand what is expected and know the purpose of working in small group.
Why have students work in small group?
* Students listen and share and have a variety of responses
* Each student contributes in the group, actively involved in learning
* More feedback to each student in the group
* Various learners in the group
* Targeted Instruction
* Students relate to their peers as they work together
* Benefit from a structured interactions with others
* Students are actively involved in learning
* Cooperative learning
We want our students to experience all the benefits of learn.”
Mrs. Paul/Mrs. Mullen, Mrs. Innocent