Like the Madrona neighborhood, the Leschi neighborhood as a community council that is a part of the Seattle Community Council Federation. The Leschi Community Council has been an integral part of the community for more than half a century. The Leschi Community Council meets on the first Wednesday of the month September-November and February through June. The Leschi Community Council is responsible for neighborhood events such as Flo Ware Days in May, Art Walk in the summer, etc. and carries on activities for Leschi that include:
- Advocates for the Route 27 bus.
- Support for Leschi Elementary School
- Volunteer tutors to assist Leschi School children.
- Support for Central Area Senior Center
- Inform and educate the community by providing informative programs and monthly meetings.
- Community cleanups of public areas and stairways.
- Cultivate relationships between the community and precinct police.
- Partnership with Leschi waterfront businesses
- Preservation of residential character
- Monthly Publication of Leschi News.
To help facilitate their mission, to better get their message out, and keep their neighborhood informed, they have just launched their new Leschi Community Council website. Check it out!