The Madrona Community Council has been hosting a Halloween celebration for the little ghosts and goblins of Madrona since 1995, and this year is no exception. A kickoff event at the Shelterhouse at the Madrona playground will take place between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. on the 31st, and volunteers are needed to provide sweet treats (either candy or baked goods) for the trick-or-treaters. E-mail Stacey Kryman at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer. More info to come on all the Madrona Halloween festivities!
We’re crossing our fingers that the sun makes an appearance for Mayfair tomorrow, but if not, we’ll be there with our rain boots and umbrellas to celebrate anyway! Here’s a reminder of the schedule of events:
Today, Friday 5/9
- Bring your kids’ bike or trike to the Shelterhouse today from 4:00-5:00 to decorate for the bike parade tomorrow. Streamers, ribbon, tape and scissors will be provided!
- 7:00-9:00 a.m. – If you couldn’t make it to bike decorating on Friday, meet at Cupcake Royale Saturday morning for more decorating and chatting with your neighbors before the event begins. Buy a coffee and get a free slice of pumpkin bread as a breakfast treat!
- 9:15 – Parade line-up at Al Larkins Park (E. Union & 34th Ave.)
- 9:30 – Bike parade begins! The parade will be led by Charles the Clown, Seattle Fire Department and Meter Music drummers
- 9:35 – Mayfair is officially open!
- 10:00 – Charles the Clown show on the Shelterhouse lawn
- 10:30 – 12:00 – Madrona K-8 Silent Auction and Raffle at the tennis courts
- 10:30 – Reptile Man show on the Shelterhouse lawn
- 11:00 – Yo-yo contest on the playfield lawn
- 11:30 – Recess Monkey concert on the playfield lawn
Along with the scheduled events, there are many other great activities happening throughout the morning, including pony rides, two bouncy houses, face painting, a photobooth, screenprinting (bring a t-shirt or tote to get printed with the Mayfair logo!), Seattle Gymnastics Academy obstacle course, breakdancing lessons, miniature clay pot garden-making, food from Pritty Boys and St. Cloud’s, and the Madrona Community Council will be selling water, hot dogs and bake sale goodies. Don’t forget to stop by the tennis courts for the Madrona K-8 auction to bid on an amazing list of auction items and enter the raffle to win a trip to Palm Springs!
We can’t wait to see you all there tomorrow!