Happy May Day, everyone! The first of the month means that Madrona Mayfair is just around the corner, taking place next Saturday, May 10. Along with the bike parade and Recess Monkey performance, the Madrona K-8 silent auction and raffle are going to be big draws this year, so make sure to buy a few raffle tickets and bid on some of the amazing auction items. Here’s a small sampling of what you’ll have a chance to bid on!
- Tickets to a wide variety of community events and businesses, including the Woodland Park Zoo, Stevens Pass, Husky football, and Central Cinema
- Birthday party at the Madrona Shelterhouse featuring Pritty Boys pizza, Molly Moon’s ice cream, Cupcake Royale cupcakes and a balloon bouquet from Red Balloon
- Private glassblowing lesson at glassybaby
- Family weekend at a cabin on the Kitsap Peninsula
- Wine tasting for 10 at Madrona Wine Merchants
- Date night in Madrona with appetizers and wine at Bottlehouse, dinner at Red Cow, and babysitting provided by Annie’s Nannies.
- Gift certificates to St. Cloud’s, Hi Spot Cafe, Chuck’s Hop Shop, and the Twilight Exit, among many other neighborhood restaurants
- Don’t forget to enter the raffle, as well, for a chance to win the grand prize – a trip to warm and sunny PALM SPRINGS! Also up for grabs in the raffle are a Microsoft Surface tablet and Recess Monkey Dance Kits. Raffle tickets are $5.00.
There are MANY more auction items available, so make sure to stop by the auction site at the Madrona playground between 10:00 and 11:30 on the day of Mayfair to check everything out. All funds raised will go toward supporting arts and music enrichment programming, providing classroom technology and supplies and covering field trip expenses at Madrona K-8.