It’s time to get back in the swing of things for fall in the neighborhood, and this month’s Madrona Community Council meeting will be held next Tuesday, September 8. As always, the meeting will be held at the Madrona Shelterhouse at 7:15 p.m. Stay tuned for the meeting agenda, and have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!
September’s Madrona Community Council Meeting is next Tuesday the 9th, and here’s what’s on the agenda for the night:
- Status and next steps concerning the Restricted Parking Zone (RPZ) at 34th & Union
- Updates on neighborhood issues: the 23rd Avenue Action Plan, the parklet on 34th Avenue, the SDOT sidewalks and trees study, and cuts to Metro Route #2
- Updates on recent and upcoming events: Madrona Concert Series, Madrona K-8 events, Halloween on 34th, fall wine-tasting event at glassybaby on Nov. 15, co-host/candidate issue forum with the Mount Baker and Leschi community councils
- Report from bylaws committee
- Call for volunteers for a possible neighborhood garden tour
- Other business
- Treasurer’s report
This looks to be a very informative meeting, so head to the Shelterhouse (3211 E Spring St.) at 7:15 on the 9th for all the updates on what’s happening in Madrona!