This month’s Madrona Community Council meeting is taking place next Tuesday, October 7, at 7:15 p.m. at the Shelterhouse. It will be a short meeting, addressing the traffic study in progress on Dorffel Drive in Denny Blaine (read more about that here), and a planned apartment development project at MLK & Union. The discussion will be followed by a meet and greet with community council members and an opportunity to learn about volunteer opportunities in the neighborhood. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Photographer for Mutt Match Up for the Madrona News
- Leaders for Madrona Blossoms
- Chair/co-chair for the spring Madrona Mayfair event
- Help with the 25th Madrona Neighborhood Awards Ceremony on February 7
- Garden Tour possibilities
- Summer Concert series at the playfield
Come have a drink and snack and learn about how you can help out in the community! The Shelterhouse is located at 3211 E Spring St.